In honour of the event, and in no particular order, here are nine of his favourite things:
- Being held upside-down while I nibble his chin.
- Fish fingers (only as a treat, mind you). He’s his father’s son, and no mistake: I can’t stand the little orange swines.
- This song:
Months after he first heard it, it still makes him stop whatever he’s doing and grin from ear to ear.
- Moomins. In all forms from picture book to amigurumi (thanks, Polly!).
- Other people’s food. If it’s on somebody else’s plate, it is automatically twice as delicious. Look out for little hands if you’re eating lunch at our house.
- Watching rugby with his daddy. The battle of the red jersey versus the green is soon to begin (maybe I could pre-empt it by just buying him a Scotland one?).
- On the Ning Nang Nong. We’re starting early with the poetry to balance out the inevitable science influence.
- Chips. Oops: bad mammy…
Happy ¾ birthday, Eoinín: you’re the best little sausage a Mammy could hope for.